Re: Release?

On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 17:19:20 +0200, Luca Invernizzi
<invernizzi.l@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hello people,
> we merged liblarch with trunk, as all the development was occuring
> there anyway and it reached a stability that is comparable with trunk
> (more crash and burns, but no task duplications that were plaguing
> trunk).
>
>  It has the big advantage of being well tested and quite usable (while
> trunk dnd is a nightmare), but it falls short in a few places, for
> now. These are:
> - performances in removing and updating nodes (lionel is working on it)

The performance test is mainly affected by the TreeTest class. We should
either make that TreeTest class seamless or make a test that doesn't use
it.
I'm interested in any input regarding performances.

> - gtk errors causing segfaults (sporadic)

That's here that anyone could help : find a way to reproduce such errors.
If we can reproduce it, we could probably write a test and then fix the
error.

> - in the tags tree, when adding a tag all the partial tags are
> displayed(@t, @ta, @tag)

That should be fixed in rev 892 and there's two tests for that (one in
liblarch testing, the other in tagstore testing)

Another error that I want to see fixed before implementing drag-n-drop is
the "child" status in the gtk.TreeView. Namely :

- Tasks with children doesn't have the + to view children after a refresh
unless you open the task
- I didn't find anyway to expand the children by default.

Lionel