Re: improvements and suggestions for the original (English) GUI and dialog strings

Hi,

2012/3/25 Bertrand Rousseau <bertrand.rousseau@xxxxxxxxx>

> 2012/3/25 Radina Matic <radina.matic@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > After working some more with the daily GTG build, I have more questions,
> > comments and suggestions:
> >
> > -----
> >
> > Is there any special reason that the item "Backends" stands alone inside
> the
> > menu Edit? It seems to me that, since Backends are optional features of
> GTG,
> > they should be visible as another tab in the Preferences window just like
> > Plugins...
>
> I can't remember any specific reason (maybe someone else does).
>
> IMHO, it's there because it's more visible. Conceptually, its place is
> next to the plugins, indeed. Another solution would be to put the
> plugins in the menu too. I guess this should be decided by favoring
> consistency among GNOME app. Is there some kind of GNOME policy for
> this?

The guidance I'm seeing in GNOME 3 HIG so far for this is here.
<https://live.gnome.org/UsabilityProject/HIG3/EditableLists>
The editable lists template would most likely apply to the submenu, though,
rather than the tab in the main UI.

For handling the edit menu, there is some guidance
here<https://live.gnome.org/UsabilityProject/HIG3/Configuration>.

IMO, I think we need to ask about this, however, since the page is not yet
complete and is marked as experimental.

Meg