Re: improvements and suggestions for the original (English) GUI and dialog strings

Ad backends:
I have a hard time finding objective reason to back a solution here.
However, the following elements seem relevant to me:

  - the backend configuration UI is large, I think it would feel out of
place in the preference pane (it subjective, I know).
  - the closest concept I know is the "Account" configuration pane of
app with online services (e.g. empathy), which are available directly
in the "Edit" menu.
  - I like the idea of putting this forward in a more visible place

So the best place to me seems to keep this element in the Edit menu
(but under another name, like "Synchronization services..."

Those are not good reasons (they're not linked to any kind of
usability considerations), I admit. However, on the other hand, I'm
also under the impression that the way GTG proposes the sync service
feature should be rethought a bit (right now it is very
feature-oriented rather than service-oriented). So maybe we shouldn't
be too picky until the feature is thoroughly thought, and then design
a better UI.

There is a reported bug for it: https://bugs.launchpad.net/gtg/+bug/928484

I am also afraid that Preferences dialog would be overfilled. We can do a prototype to see if it fits or not.

If we would have a separate window for backends, shouldn't we have also a separate window for plugins? Preferences then would consists of two checkboxes.

Suggestions for the items in the Main Menu>  Help

- Contents F1 (should open the Mallard Help in the making ;)
- Get Help Online... (should link to GTG Wiki page)
- Translate GTG into your Language (should link to Launchpad
Translations)
- Report a Problem (not sure it should open Apport or link to Launchpad
Bugs)

It should link to launchpad.

- About (same as now but copyright info should be updated)

I updated the menu. Until your Mallard Help is available, F1 is associated with Get Help Online.

The strings were updated and should be translatable in Launchpad soon.

Izidor