Re: Redesign: Mockups and Stuff (Round 2)

I actually see the thing this way:

Primary toolbar = "views" = specific displays of tasks
Sidebar = filtering/navigation for the current view

Depending on what a user is currently targeting: "Processing my tasks" (1),
"Deciding what do and do it" (2), "Reviewing what's been done"(3), he/she
would select the appropriate view.

All in all, it's not exactly the same approach as yours ("topbar as
importance"), but it's not so far from it too.

For this, I interpret the primary toolbar items like this:
 - "All" (current name): standard task browser: allows to process the
tasks, sort them out, etc. (cf. target 1)
 - Focus: equivalent of the actual "work view": in this view, only the
actionable tasks are displayed (tasks with no dependencies). (cf. target 2)
It's also linked to GTG's "focus on what's relevant" Also, note that the
"Work view" (which I see under "Focus") mode is a really important feature
of GTG which should be kept.
 - Next tasks: chronological view (I guess a related target would be to
answer the question "how are things actually shaping up in the future?")
 - Done: review done tasks (cf. target 3).

Depending on the view the sidebar could be adapted too to provide relevant
filtering/navigation functions. E.g.: in done view, you could have sidebar
items like "Done today", "Done this week", "Done this month".

As for the chronological view, I'm not sure those view should be restricted
to a specific time span. If we want this, I would recommend to do it via
the sidebar. (by using view-specific "This week", "Next weeks" items).

Other views (e.g.: pert planner) could be developed/enabled separately as
plugins.

Bertrand