Backgrounds color option, Help button & pylint

Hi everybody,

I did today some cleaning of GTG code base and repaired small bugs. I moved View -> Background Colors into preferences dialog as "Show background colors of tasks". Suggestions for better wording are welcomed.

I found out that we have "Help" button in the preference dialog. Does anybody know its purpose? (It does nothing now.) Do we want to keep it there and have a similar button for Plugins settings and Synchronization Services as well?
Radina: Would you like to write a help page on wiki for those buttons? ;)

Now, we don't enforce the proper style of codebase. Think about PEP8.py, PyFlakes, pylint. PEP8.py and PyFlakes are pretty benevolent and don't do deeper analysis of the code. Pylint goes deeper but it means it is really strict. At the moment, make lint checks for pep8.py and pyflakes. Do we want to use pylint as well?

I suppose the first versions of GTG used pylint, because you can find many pylint-ignore comments in the code base. Some of the requirements of pylint are not achievable for us. For example, when you expand a GTK class, you inherit many public methods what violates recommended count of public methods.

What do you think? Do we want to have deep analysis by pylint and many pylint-ignore comments in our codebase or don't use pylint at all?

Looking forward to hear from you,

Izidor

Follow ups