Re: GTG-Redesign (Another Update)

Am 22.04.2012 18:01, schrieb Xuan Hu:
2012/4/22 Ricardo Graça <ricardo@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ricardo@xxxxxxxxxx>>

    What about the task editor taking the place of the task list instead
    of moving to another completely different window? That may confumse
    some people as to what happened to their "initial screen". Or better
    yet, how about the task "box" on the task list expands to reveal the
    details and the extra controls. This way the user has a better sense
    of what's going on and where he is on the workflow and it makes way
    for a place to insert a nice fancy animation :)

I do agree with task editor just inside main window. This may avoid some
bugs such as memory leak of task editor and other bugs related to more
than one task editor dialog.

It might be a good idea. the user could use existing toolbars and add/remove tags by selecting them from left toolbar.

I don't think that the position of editor in main window or separate one would affect significantly memory leaks and bugs.

However, the separate window would provide a concept of modes. You can see it in GNOME shell:
  * normal mode with windows
  * "management mode" -- launching a new app, managing existing windows

It might be easier to understand.