Urgent tasks / Priorities

Hi all!

Sorry to flood here, but I thought this might deserve a new thread.
I've seen nothing about alerts related to urgent tasks. In GTG, I can see
the "due date" and the number of days left to complete a task. However, if
the task is due in 3 months but there are some sub-tasks that are to be
completed tomorrow, except inspecting the whole list of tasks, I cannot see
it.

Is something like an alert system for "to be completed very soon" tasks that
is planned to be done? (with some definition of "how long before the due
date should the software recall me I have this task to be done?")

Julien