Re: [GTG]

"If I understood
well, the problem comes from the fact that, at the moment,
dependancies can only be described by creating subtasks of subtasks."

That's it, exactly!

However, I'm not sure numbered lists would be the best way to implement it.
I'm not knowledgeable when it comes to task ordering (hmm, "ordannancement
des tâches", sorry for the French, but as it may be better understood by
you..), but I guess a task should have, as a "immediately possible"
condition a list of other tasks + a date.
Indeed, if the list of sub-tasks of a project becomes too big and the stream
of sub-tasks get divided, numbers will be confusing (and impossible). As
this may not be clear, a little example.
I have a task A, that contains sub-tasks B, C and D. B and C can be done at
anytime, but D requires B and C to be completed. In this situation, it would
probably be better if D had a list of dependencies : [start_time,
task_to_be_completed_before_1, ..., task_to_be_completed_before_n]. Here, we
couldnt give the three tasks numbers (or we could give the same number to B
and C, but it seems complicated, especially in case we introduce some new
sub-tasks prior to B or C).

Such a dependency list probably wouldn't be that difficult to implement
(just a few tests to do, that already exist for the task / sub-task
relation). In conclusion, it would be just like the current task / subtask
scheme, but instead of a level approach (which is of course still
necessary), there would be  a same-level dependency mechanism. Hmm, this is
of course just a suggestion, but if ever you like that idea, we can discuss
it further, and if I find enough time these days to read a bit more the code
of GTG, I could try and think of a solution locally.
(any further idea, but that might seem a bit absurd : if date could be
considered as an automatically done task, the mechanism of "immediately
possible / impossible" task would only rely on the dependency scheme.)

If any idea or suggestion, I'd gladly read it. I've started using the
software tonight and I think it's going to be really useful for me (and it
already is!), so if I could be of any help for improving its features, I'd
gladly do it!

Julien