Re: Urgent tasks / Priorities

"I had the idea of an automatic "@urgent" tag that would be added 3 days
(or any configurable time) before the due date. So you would only have
to look there.

Another idea might be to have, under the "no tag tasks", a new icon for
"Due soon tasks" with a duration that you can configure by
right-clicking on it."

I think both these ideas are fine if they could be implemented very very
easily, but in my (very humble) opinion, they would only solve half the
problem and they would be a "fine while waiting for better" solution.
I'm not trying to criticize everything (as I think the work that has already
been achieved is very good and helpful!), but I'm thinking of some tasks
that may need, let's say, 5 days to be completed (I'm trying to organize my
whole student semester at the moment, with several 5-month projects etc.), I
need to be warned 5 days before, and if a task requires 20 days (oh, exams
are soon? a big meeting in my company and I have to prepare for audits?), I
need to be warned 20 days before.
In this situation, I will of course not re-configure the Due soon task
warning's duration for every duration from 1 day to 2 months.

Any remark about this?

However, this is perfectly compatible with your idea of the automatic tag
@urgent, and maybe what i've just described is what you were thinking of.
The tag could be added as soon as the "recall me X days before" is passed,
and this would only add one field to the structure of the Task object (NB :
I haven't had a glance to how tasks are structured).

Julien