Re: Adding dependency for gtg

Well my point is more that I think we could do this without needing
cheetah, or at least I would like first to know what future
functionalities could bring cheetah, in a strategic point of view. And
don't get me wrong: I'd also be very glad to have this in 0.2, and I'm
ready to help for it.

Among your solutions, my present opinion is to follow number 4: having
a set of basic templates that don't depend on cheetah, and having a
separate plugin called "Support for cheetah export templates" that
would allow powerful export capabilities.

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 10:21 AM, Lionel Dricot <ploum@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm personally not against the dependency and I definitely hope to see the
> export feature in 0.2. I don't think that the fact that cheetah is mainly
> used for web dev should be a factor. Most users don't understand the
> dependencies (which user could explain why he needs to install configobj
> before installing GTG ?)

Dependencies have/should never been/be a user concern. They are just a
burden for distribution and maintenance, which also has to come into
account.