Re: GTG port to GTK3

Hi Izidor,

I understand that distribution related considerations need to be taken. And even if my work won't be shipping anytime soon (it's not ready anyways), I am regularly going to merge with changes done on the gtk2 version. I just need help because so far I am getting weird segfaults (the python interpreter), without any error output when running the gtg script, but in GTG and am able to run gtg.py, which still crashes but with some output. I fixed as much as I could understand.

The part concerning the Gnome-keyring needs to be ported so that it uses the secret service protocol over dbus, I don't know if that is already done.

I manually ported liblarch, and did more then half the porting by hand in gtg, but then got bored, wasn't intellectual enough for me, so I used a script that ships with pygobject (read here to know more about it: https://live.gnome.org/PyGObject/IntrospectionPorting#Step_1:_The_Great_Renaming)

But then the script broke some of the none gtk specific code, namely the ones that dealt with xml.
So I had to manually fix those :D

There are a lot of things that have been deprecated in GTK3 that need to be changed like the use of HBox and VBox, and when I was manually renaming, I think I have changed quite a few.

I'll try to put together a script for that, it will make it easier.

I also just recently started documenting the things I learn and want to keep track of on my website.
It's still in development, but some of the stuff I already wrote is here:
http://placidrage.bitbucket.org/0-computer/0-development/0-languages/0-python/1-gtk-python/z-migrating/index.html

Joe