hudson-ubuntu-users team mailing list archive

Re: Monitoring external jobs

Hey James,

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 03:58:25PM +0100, James Page wrote:
> I've added a new package to the Jenkins testing PPA:
> jenkins-external-job-monitor.
>
> This package will install the bare minimum to allow monitoring of 'jobs'
> from Jenkins as specified here :
> https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Monitoring+external+jobs
>
> It can be installed alongside jenkins itself or on any other machines
> that you want to monitor external jobs on.
>
> The package provides a handy wrapper to take away some of the pain; 'man
> jenkins-monitor-job' once installed will give you the low down but it
> works in the same way as described on the Jenkins wiki:
>
> 	jenkins-monitor-job JOB_NAME COMMAND OPTIONS
>
> e.g.
>
> 	jenkins-monitor-job external-test echo "Hello Jenkins!"
>
> would execute the command 'echo "Hello Jenkins!"' and put the log into a
> job called external-test in the specified Jenkins instance.
>
> You can set a system wide JENKINS_HOME (e.g. http://localhost:8080)
> in /etc/jenkins/external-job-monitor.conf or you can override it locally
> by setting as an environment variable as part of the job execution
> itself.

Very nice!

I do have one bug to report with it; the package
needs to depend on libxstream-java and have a symlink
created from /usr/share/jenkins/lib/xstream-debian.jar to
/usr/share/java/xstream.jar (similar to how the jna-posix and ant
jars are handled).

Otherwise, it works great. Thanks!

--
Steve Beattie