hudson-ubuntu-users team mailing list archive

Re: Initial attempt at using jenkins ppa

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 08:42:53AM +0100, James Page wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-04-08 at 11:58 -0700, Steve Beattie wrote:
> >   2) The bazaar plugin didn't initially register itself correctly with
> >      jenkins. I finally got it to register correctly, but it was only
> >      after installing:
> >
> >        jenkins-ec2-plugin
> >        libjenkins-java (and *all* of its dependencies)
> >        reinstalling jenkins-bazaar-plugin
> >
> >      and restarting jenkins did it get registered. Alas, I realize
> >      that doesn't help you narrow down exactly where the problem
> >      is. If I get a chance I'll try to reproduce the problem.
>
> Again I'll take a look at this; see if I can re-produce.  Did you
> restart Jenkins after installing the plugin?  It does not do this
> automatically at the moment and is required for Jenkins to pick it up -
> a small maintainer script runs as part of the pre-start setup which
> detects new plugins and links them into the Jenkins install.

I tried to reproduce this and was unable to do so. I'm not quite
sure how I managed to get into that state; I had initially installed
jenkins and the bazaar plugin, and could not see the plugin. I then
subsequently added more packages, including the ec2 plugin (which
pulls in the ssh slaves plugin) and my jenkins install got into the
state where I could see the latter two were installed but still not
the bazaar one (so I must have restarted it at some point).

I'm willing to write this off as operator error.

Thanks.

--
Steve Beattie
<sbeattie@xxxxxxxxxx>