Re: Current state?

Hi Jonas,

Jonas schrieb:
> Hi Christian,
>
> As far as I know, at the moment the NVidia card in the Optimus hybrid
> graphics does not work at all under linux.
> Nvidia proprietary driver does not work, same story for the nouveau driver.

AFAIK does this laptop not have the Optimus technology. It has the
second graphics "chip" as an Core i5 just doesn't come without one...

> I surely DO hope I am wrong, cause it's very annoying having to switch
> to windows every time I want to watch HD content :-/

Yup - and it's getting worse. Even the new Core i7 that will come early
next year will have an internal graphic chip. I.e. very soon most
computers that have a dedicated GPU will suffer from the fact that two
graphic chips are built in. I fear that'll give a desaster for Linux on
the desktop... :(