Re: Noob Guidance Requested: Vostro 3400

Thanks Peter,

While I have your ear, can you nudge whoever manages the list maintained at
http://www.ubuntu.com/certification/make/Dell    to remove (or add a
disclaimer) for Vostro 3400 (and probably other Vostro 3xxx models) from the
official certified list?

I purchased the 3400 thinking I'd have a near seamless experience because it
was certified to work with ubuntu 10.10.  I recognize that between the
initial certification and when I bought the laptop Dell changed to this new
hybrid / optimus approach without changing model numbers, and that is of
course out of canonicals/ubuntu's control... BUT if we could at least update
the certified list or include more data (date certified/specs/etc) it might
save some people from a bad experience like mine that turns them off from
ubuntu.

Thanks!

Erik