Re: Status and Progress

2011/3/16 Albert Vilella <avilella@xxxxxxxxx>

> I think one very important contribution of this hybrid-graphics-linux
> Launchpad group is in highlighting that there is a lot of people
> wanting these features to be implemented in Linux. It's not a couple
> of laptops here and there, it's hundreds.

Yes but kernel developers have to read this mailing list. lol

> Some people now have found a limited solution, but some people are
> stick stuck, so it's not enough. We need more developer's time
> dedicated to the issue, and for that we need to show how many people
> would benefit from the new features :-)

I'm a follower of the linux kernel mailing list, and i assure  you that this
question is not minimally considered for now.
The hope is to build a workgroup with tester and developer detached from the
kernel team.
The idea is the development of modules and patch for the basic switching, a
kind of fork of the work done until now.
It's time to check how many developer with the basic knowledgement of
programming linux device driver, linux kernel etc.
Why we don't do a list of willing people that are interested to this matter?
i put myself as junior developer / beta tester.

1. sn0wpunk (C programmer, unix environment programming,basic knowledge of
the linux device driver)

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 9:09 PM, snowpunk <behind.the.shell@xxxxxxxxx>