Re: Status and Progress

> so far i understand Michal is the developer active on this list and
> his code repo is at https://github.com/mkottman/acpi_call

Oh, not at all :) I'm just a poor fellow that also wants to use Linux
on his Optimus-enabled laptop. When I found out that the situation
with GPU switching is not so good (i.e. it doesn't work YET), I made a
module/script, that at least SAVES BATTERY. Linux kernel driver
development is not my area of expertise (I mostly do graphics/computer
vision). I am waiting for something to happen, as you are too...

As far as I understand, David Arlie is the one that made some
switchable graphics happen (vga_switcheroo,
http://airlied.livejournal.com/)

So far, we are collecting the (proprietary?) ACPI methods used to
physically turn off the GPU. This info is important, because I guess
it will be needed later when the GPU switching actually works, live :)
So thanks for all the updates!