Re: asus-switcheroo // Asus N53JF

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 11:43 AM, Thomas Wagner <thomas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I tried Your modules with Kernel :
>
> 2.6.28.2
> Asus N53JF
>
> NVIDIA OPTIMUS GT 425m
>

> Unfortunately it won´t work.

Hmm, looks like we've had mixed reports on this model.  Based on the
DSDT, I'd expect it to work.

> I blacklistet nouveau and I915 kernel modules and does reboot.
> Then insmoded all reasonable modules.

I see the i915 was loaded before i915-jprobe, but that shouldn't cause
switching problems.

> I tried to do an delayed switch which leave the actual Screen.
> System ist still ok, but no new output.
> Per SSH I switched back to IDG which screwed up the machine.

FWIW, the delayed switch makes me nervous.  For a baseline, I'd try
booting to a runlevel without X, single user or runlevel 3 for
Fedora-ish systems.  Work from there, then try to start X.

> Maybe you can see something from attached DMESG.
> Or you instruct me to do annything...
>
> Greets Thomas
>

> PS: I can give you ssh access with DynDNS...

Thanks, but debugging this doesn't lend itself well to remote access.  Thanks,

Alex