Re: Mac Book Pro 6, 2 and Ubuntu 12.04 not working as expected

Ah, I just realized my email from yesterday got lost somewhere, so here it is again:

Hi Adrian,

The reason why it might not work is that those instructions are quite a bit outdated, sorry.

But I see you're using the BIOS boot with hacks to activate the intel card, that could be a problem.

Also, the kernel you're using is pretty old, most of the gmux stuff is already in mainline since 3.6, I tried 3.6 plus this patchset: http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2012-September/027528.html on my mbp 6,2 (booting with EFI) some time ago and it worked.

I hope this helps you at least a bit.

Cheers,
Andreas