Re: Mac Book Pro 6, 2 and Ubuntu 12.04 not working as expected

El 26/10/12 00:13, Andreas Heider escribió:
Ah, I just realized my email from yesterday got lost somewhere, so here
it is again:
:)

Hi Adrian,

The reason why it might not work is that those instructions are quite a
bit outdated, sorry.
I also thought that but I had to try it.

But I see you're using the BIOS boot with hacks to activate the intel
card, that could be a problem.
Well, BIOS installation of 12.04 and BIOS boot of 12.04, that's what the howto suggested.

Also, the kernel you're using is pretty old, most of the gmux stuff is
already in mainline since 3.6, I tried 3.6 plus this patchset:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2012-September/027528.html
on my mbp 6,2 (booting with EFI) some time ago and it worked.

I hope this helps you at least a bit.
It was as old as the suggested howto said.. well.. I suppose It would be have worked if I had git cloned ubuntu-kernel-mbp repo but using not current head but a commit from about the howto publication date. I didn't think of that.

I'll take a look on this new stuff... probably on next weekend. I'll document it too and post it around here.

I'm not used on how the kernel gets developed... Do you know if there is any easy way to track if the patch you mentioned has got into mainline apart from asking Seth Forshee himself?

If there isn't I can always compare the patch lines with the current code ;).

Thank you for all your help again.

adrian15

Cheers,
Andreas