inx-devel team mailing list archive

Re: Goals and dreadlines [ was Re: Thread 4: What's actually happening...]

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 06:06:46AM +1000, Peter Garrett wrote:
> This is really my first "collaborative" GNU/Linux "project" involving
> actual code, so I'm still adjusting ... I was probably just having a bad
> day, so sorry if my post seemed a bit dramatic ;-)

Oh no worries at all. You're the author. You make the rules. :)

Some people take code in a very cold way. I see Peter Garrett stamped all over
INX. I don't believe in the project if you wouldn't be driving it.

> When I first started doing INX there was nobody waiting for the latest
> version etc. - so I had the luxury of taking my time over it!

I think there might be a misunderstanding here. What I was talking about was
where INX was heading, not when it's meant to be there. I apologize for possible
misleading. :)

I think that many of us are already under pressure coming from all directions.
Believe me, I don't want to cause another one. But I'm still very interested in
knowing whether INX has a clear road, or if it's flowing free. Oh, and none
preferred. :)

Maybe what it all boils down to is that being on another continent than most of
you, I'm very isolated, and it means I cannot often participate in talks that
might carry development over. Without it, and a wiki, for example, I feel lost.

Not that big a deal, really. I'm not a lifting contributor. :)

> I've pushed a few minor bug fixes and clean-ups, and I hope to have
> something new soon. I'm just having a bit of a break really. I've been
> obsessing about INX for over a year now, and occasionally I just throw
> my hands up and need to walk away for a while *g*

That's really very healthy, you know. :)

> Stay tuned...

Will do.

--
Jaska