keryx team mailing list archive

Re: Profile Downloading

Awesome work. Here are a few thoughts:

= Premade Profiles tab: =
 * The controls at the bottom-left are active when no profile is
selected. Maybe one way to help direct the user's flow of thoughts
would be to "gray out" those controls until a profile is selected.
 * Could a name be suggested upon selecting a profile? For example, if
I click Ubuntu 10.10 amd64, the name "ubuntu-10.10-amd64" could
automatically appear in the name field. Or, hey! as an Easter egg, it
could randomly pick from a list of names. That would be funny.
 * I really like the donate link in the Premade Profiles tab. Is there
any way we could work that into the main interface rather than a tab?
 * As the profile downloads, the download indicator dialog grays out
and nothing happens until the download is complete.

= Download tab: =
 * The Download tab is beautiful! One problem is that when you cancel
downloads, you're stuck and have to restart Keryx.

If you like any of those ideas but don't have time to implement them
yourself, say the word and I'll give it a whirl.