keryx team mailing list archive

Re: Profile Downloading

Happy to see Keryx 1.0 released and the users are started using it :) :) :)
 Awesome work :) :)

*Catchy features and it will be really useful for the users :*

   - Premade profiles download
   - Clean download progress window
   - Managing multiple profiles
   - Simplified UI

*Few of the bugs which i have found:*

   - *Serious : *Downloaded a specific program (ex: cpuid) after i restarted
   the keryx and clicked Manage of same profile and selected the same program
   (ex:cpuid) which shows "Not Installed".
   - *Serious : *Parallel downloading packages for multiple profiles crashed
   keryx - Bug 697101 <https://bugs.launchpad.net/keryx/+bug/697101>
   - *Serious : *The status shows installed and that specific
   program[ex:cpushare] deb file is created with 0bytes when downloads are
   cancelled.
   - *Minor :* Kept the preferences tab opened and downloaded specific
   program[ex:cpushare] once downloaded it moves to preferences tab rather the
   packages list page.

*Features can be added:*

   - Showing download tab visible [or something like the status/summary page
   where can see what all happening which allows the user to understand the
   packages downoloaded, programs are downloaded...]
   - Highlighting the programs which already downloaded in different color.

Chris/ Mac -
Are we maintaining wiki which shows features to be added/TBD list ? It will
be useful to keep track of things to be done.

--
Thanks,
RSK