kicad sources

Hello,

I would like to modify kicad sources to draw electrical harness
wiring schematics. I am not an experienced C++ programmer I learnt it
in college 5 years ago. But i can learn more.I try to read the code
but I could not started because it is so complicated.I dont know
wxwidgets library this is another problem.Then I installed source
navigator but still it is too complicated for me.I also want to add
undo/redo but it seems not easy.I could not find good information at
developers mailing group.

My question: is there any document which describes how to start
coding, which files contains what ?

Can you give some direction?

thank you,

yusuf