Re: Mac OS X port

Ha Marius,

I've solved Mac OSX starting with creating a small directory in Applications
and soft linking to the files in /usr/local/kicad/macosx

Boštjan

--
mag./M.Sc. Boštjan Jerko
Boštjan Jerko-Japina s.p., Raziskovanje in razvoj novih tehnologij

*******************
Elektronika/Electronics,
Software/Programi: http://www.japina.eu
slo. blog: http://www.japina.eu/blog-slo
Eng. blog: http://www.japina.eu/blog-eng
trgovina/store: http://www.japina.eu/store
 ------=_Part_158648_14427860.1185459797535 Content-Type: text/html; charset=WINDOWS-1252

<b class="gmail_sendername">Marius Kintel</b> &lt;<a href="mailto:kintel@...";>kintel@...</a>&gt; wrote:</span><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">

Just in case anyone is waiting for this:<br>
It turned out to be more complicated than I first thought to bind <br>
together the individual tools in the KiCAD suite.<br>
Somehow, KiCAD requires arguments to be given on the command-line <br>
when launching tools from the project manager, while this is an <br>
unsupported way of launching programs packaged as application bundles <br>
under Mac OS X. The normal way of doing this is using Apple Events - <br>
now wxWidgets seems to support apple events, but assumes that an <br>
application receiving them is an MDI-type application, which KiCAD is <br>
not.<br>
A couple of iterations further down into the matter, I&#39;ve come to <br>
think that to fix this properly is a fair bit of work, and <br>
unfortunately I don&#39;t have this kind of time at the moment.<br>
I&#39;ll pick up this thread again in a while, but if anyone has any <br>
comments or insights, I&#39;m interested.<br>
Also, if anyone is interested in my current patch, I can post it.<br>
~/= Marius<br>
--<br>
We are Elektropeople for a better living.<br>

 ------=_Part_158648_14427860.1185459797535--