Re: Subversion Changes

<tongue in cheek mode>

On the theory that anybody with a browser can show up and vote, and that this somehow impacts what actually happens, then I vote for better zone support.

Hmmm, how long do I have to wait? I don't see it yet.

Maybe those voting should write a constitution, and then we can discuss that and ratify it.

But first we should decide if we want a democracy or a republic. (I say republic.)

In the end, those doing the work get to decide. The change_log.txt spells out who that is right now, hmmm, in there I see Jean-Pierre, Geoff and a few others.

I won't support any constitution that gives equal voting rights to anyone with a browser. Voting rights in any constitution I support would have to be proportional to the amount of development time invested by that voter.

(Of course, I would prefer the same for my voting rights as a U.S. Citizen, that they be proportional to the amount taxes a voter pays.)

</tongue in cheek mode>

This is the reality of open source. However, anyone should remain open to good ideas, if they are expressed well and persuasively. And any developer can probably be hired to perform anything at a negotiated fee.