Re: zone fill with micro-vias

Dick Hollenbeck a écrit :

> How are the zones filled at this point? If they are filled with other
> tracks, then we could just do a region-growing algorithm on all the
> tracks in that filled region, much the same way the netlist is created
> from segments by propagating net codes. For each net, select one pad
> and propagate to all others that are connected by line & endpoint
> radius considerations -> those not affected are not connected. I do
> not think it is possible to determine whether a via is connected to a
> zone without an actual fill 'plan' or 'instantiation' .

Further research is desired before a solution is chosen. I for one am
not in favor of tying the solution to the fill tracks a.k.a "class
SEGZONE" instances, if we can find an alternative.

We should start out with an objective of finding a solution based on the
zone container and invasive tracks from other nets, and the clearance in
play from those invasive nets, and any internal keepouts.

Many folks are doing this now, including freerouting. net. Even the
Specctra DSN file spec has no notion of "fill tracks", so that means
CADENCE specctra, electra, etc., have all managed to do it without the
ho-key fill tracks.

Dick

Obviously, thinking in matter of polygons is the best solution.
When others softs use tracks to fill copper poor, this is only at plot time (when creating gerber files). So the focus is on using polygons to manage zones (including DRC and Plot files).

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS
Maître de conférences

Recherche :
Grenoble Image Parole Signal Automatique (GIPSA - INPG)
46, Avenue Félix Viallet
38031 Grenoble Cedex