Re: Re: to: Dick Hollenbeck [Specctra dsn export] +

Vladimir,

Please explain a method of autorouting board with 2 or 3 totally
independent (opto isolated) regions in freerouter.org. Inside
Specctra+OrCAD I can use keepouts, inside Kicad I can use an 'edges
pcb' line to emulate this behavior. Inside freerouter.net I think I
can use dummy net (drawn on all signal layer) which will separate
regions between each other (prevent segments over existing
not-connected tracks).

I have thought of a work around for this:

Go back to your schematic, and add a power flag (a new net) called "K.O." and tie it to a dummy test point. Export over to pcbnew again. Now you should have a net called "K.O." in pcbnew. In pcbnew add a zone container to act as your keepout, and tie it to the net called "K.O.". You do not have to fill the zone. This zone container will get exported to *.DSN, as will the test point. Just put the test point out of the way, in the zone container however. You can add one of these zone containers of any layer(s) of your choice.

Freerouter will then treat it like a keepout.

Dick

Also I've got a problem trying to draw a free track on copper layer
and connect it to existing net.

Lost your mouse?

P.S. Tomorrow I will compile last svn snapshot with your corrections
("enable/disable" padshapes in separate layers). Thanks for a good job!

Regards, Vladimir.