Re: Component library

Hello Dick,

but C:\Program Files\kicad\share\modules\packages3d\discret does not work, but C:\Program Files\kicad\modules\packages3d\discret works.

Is that OK?

Question for Jean-Pierre: in Wings3D resistor.wings is 10 grid squares long, but in pcbnew R4 is approx 8 grid suares long (1/10"grid) - 10mm (4/10").

In discret.mod there is this definition:

Na "discret/resistor.wrl"
Sc 0.400000 0.400000 0.400000
Of 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000
Ro 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000

Sc is for scale 0.4
Of is for offset
Ro is for rotation

It means then that resistor.wings model is 1" long.
And all models (R3, R4, R5, R6 and R7) are created only by scaling the default model.

Do I understand all of it the right way? Do I miss something?

Got one problem - nice, realistic and smooth (one color without color stripes) resistor.wrl is 140kB - can it be so or is it too much?

Milan

Dick Hollenbeck napsal(a):
gestfich.cpp:

// Path list for kicad data files
static wxString s_KicadDataPathList[] = {
#ifdef __WINDOWS__
wxT( "c:/kicad/" ), // TODO: must be removed
wxT( "d:/kicad/" ), // TODO: must be removed
wxT( "c:/kicad/share/" ),
wxT( "d:/kicad/share/" ),
wxT( "c:/Program Files/kicad/" ), // TODO: must be removed
wxT( "d:/Program Files/kicad/" ), // TODO: must be removed
wxT( "c:/Program Files/kicad/share/" ),
wxT( "d:/Program Files/kicad/share/" ),
#else
wxT( "/usr/share/kicad/" ),
wxT( "/usr/local/share/kicad/" ),
wxT( "/usr/local/kicad/share/kicad/" ), // TODO: must be removed
wxT( "/usr/local/kicad/" ), // TODO: must be removed
#endif
wxT( "end_list" ) // End of list symbol, do not change
};

This list is searched in sequence. The first match is returned. Either directory would have worked, but the ones closer to the top win first.

Dick