Re: Infinite look taking 100% cpu when building debug

Raúl Sánchez Siles wrote:
El Jueves, 24 de Abril de 2008, Raúl Sánchez Siles escribió:

Hello Dick and thanks for you much clarifying anwer:

I'm thinking of a solution which would involve using a wxProcess variable
to redirect pipes into it or something like that. I'm doing some tests and
preparing a patch for this, so I get this working you'll have news about
it.

If I'm right I think this isn't a problem only covering debug builds, but
also general builds as long as the child process output enough information,
so it's something where care should be taken.

Thanks for the help, regards,

Find attached a first try. Tested and works. I don't know yet the possible drawbacks of this.

What do you think about it?

It does not fix the so called problem. So you go back to the drawing board, if it still bothers you.

I just tried it and PCBNEW hung up when run from kicad.

I frankly think its a waste of time, but just to provide a better playground for you, I am submitting a patch which consolidates the solution into one place in common.cpp

Dick