Re: Problem with GenericPolygonClipperLibrary.cpp

Hi,

Am Donnerstag 01 Mai 2008 20:56:08 schrieb Richard A Burton:
> If it's the former it's not problem, and maybe not even for Debian
> (I'd have to check that with the Debian legal team). If it's the
> latter, that's bad.

It looks like it's the latter, but I have not found a strong proof of that.

I just grepped KiCADs code quickly and I noticed no use of the
GenericPolygonClipperLibrary (GPC). From the svn log, it seems like
Jean-Pierre added those libs for a future redesign/improvement of the zones.

So I suggest we remove GPC it from our source and look for a compatible
alternative. Here is a comparison:
http://www.complex-a5.ru/polyboolean/comp.html

At least ClipPoly (http://clippoly.sourceforge.net/) has a compatible license
(LGPL). Ok, it's slower, but we can fix or live with that - as opposed to the
GPC license, which is out of our influence.

Jonas