Re: Re: Compilation with Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition.

I also see that your contribution including Visial C++ is important, but only because lots of peple like you think it is. There is no tecnical advantage in that, GCC is probably a better compiler.

On the other hand, I don't understand why you try so hard to avoid MSYS, it has colst a lot of people a lot of effort just to make things easy in Windows.

I agree that the build documentation of Kicad is very bad, but then you could focus on that, but do it the "normal" way, or it will no be used much...

just my 3c,
Alain
PS: I also had a lot of trouble to build for Linux, due to the confusing build docs :(

manneveru escreveu:
Ekhm... I feel offended a little... Visual C++ is a compiler good as
any other may be. But if don't like it...

I am currently working on building Windows version by mingw in
simplest possible way (less steps than current "manual" put in readme)
and without MSYS.

Michal

--- In kicad-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dick Hollenbeck" <dick@...> wrote:
What is visual C++?