kicad-developers team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: Devel list at SF
"Alain M." <alainm@...>
Wed, 10 Dec 2008 15:46:30 -0200
Thunderbird 220.127.116.11 (X11/20080914)
Dick Hollenbeck escreveu:
1. Identify needs.
2. Identify software supporting needs.
3. Identify what machine can host software supporting needs.
4. Identify who will implement solution
And in my opinion, we are still at step 1.
Then I will give my own opinion:
- I checked launchpad.net, I don't like it because
1) it forces the use of bazaar instead of subversion
2) it focus on forum and not mailing-list. I just don't have the time to
navigate in forums
- What I liked in other lists that you might consider:
3) lwip list http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/lwip/ has an
interesting feature: all modifications to it's bug-tracking is echoed to
the list, this makes it much easier to follow up on discussions there
4) most project hosting don't provide a wiki, but this can be hosted at
wikia, have a look: http://lwip.wikia.com
5) a wiki with WYSIWYG would be *much* better. it reduces time to get
things right, so more can be written... (I have installed one for myself
with MediaWiki and FCKeditor extention, it is great, PHP5/MySQL only!)
- and an important aspect:
6) he provider has to be reliable for many years into the future. I have
seen *lots* of interesting sites just disapear
7) DO WE REALLY HAVE TO MOVE? It will take a lot of work, who has that time?