Re: Devel list at SF

Lets see what I can find about Google Code:

Am Mittwoch 10 Dezember 2008 20:38:22 schrieb Dick Hollenbeck:
> 1A* Mail list to accept attachments
Yes, see http://groups.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=56641
Also, I think that mails are preserved im plain text (but haven't checked)

> 1B* Patch management:  accepted, rejected, pending
Issues are managed using tags, which can be freely defined by project owners.
This should give reasonable flexibility in this point. See
http://code.google.com/p/support/wiki/FAQ#Issue_Tracking

The issue tracker supports multiple attachments per issue, see e.g.
http://code.google.com/p/dotnetkicks/issues/detail?id=31

SVN is writable for all group members, though, see
http://code.google.com/p/support/wiki/FAQ#Subversion Google thinks this is
the way open source should work (I tend to agree). However, there seems to be
a feature for code review, see
http://code.google.com/p/support/wiki/CodeReviews This feat seems
interesting, but I haven't taken a closer look.

> 1C* Tracking issue changes need to be echoed into a mailing list
Yes, see
http://tabo.aurealsys.com/archives/2006/07/28/google-code-hosting-sourceforge-killer/

> 1D* stability of site (if it is measurable)
It's google, so it should be rather sttable..

There is also some sort of Wiki, which I haven't looked at more closely, see
http://code.google.com/p/support/wiki/FAQ#Project_Wikis

So, I would say Google Code might be an interesting candidate as an
alternative/supplement to source forge. But that is certainly not my
choice... :-)

Greetings
- J