Re: pcbnew - thermal stubs

Rok Markovic wrote:
Hi

I have started to code different way of drawing the thermal connections
- with tracks not polygons. Because of non enthusiastic response from
comunity and hard to solve problem with DRC, I've rethink the problem.

Thermals should be done with polygons.

Problem:
- if we subtract holes in thermal pattern we have no way to check if
the thermal conection is actualy connected somwhere.

Proposed solution:
1. make polygon subtract for all pads as not in zone
2. Check on which points thermals will be conected to the zone.
3. With BOOL_OR add thermal stubs.

Stubs that are added can be of different shape (teardrops).

If no one is working on this area and doesnt have any complaints, I will
have a patch ready before weekend.

Rok

It would be nice for Jean-Pierre to respond to this. I am unable to comment on the solution because it is not something I have studied.
I assume you can see a clear path to generating gerbers from this design?

I assume you feel this design is not going to bog down the drawing speed too much within PCBNEW?

Dick