kicad-developers team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: pcbnew - thermal stubs
Dick Hollenbeck <dick@...>
Tue, 06 Jan 2009 08:30:45 -0600
Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 (X11/20081125)
Rok Markovic wrote:
I have started to code different way of drawing the thermal connections
- with tracks not polygons. Because of non enthusiastic response from
comunity and hard to solve problem with DRC, I've rethink the problem.
Thermals should be done with polygons.
- if we subtract holes in thermal pattern we have no way to check if
the thermal conection is actualy connected somwhere.
1. make polygon subtract for all pads as not in zone
2. Check on which points thermals will be conected to the zone.
3. With BOOL_OR add thermal stubs.
Stubs that are added can be of different shape (teardrops).
If no one is working on this area and doesnt have any complaints, I will
have a patch ready before weekend.
It would be nice for Jean-Pierre to respond to this. I am unable to
comment on the solution because it is not something I have studied.
I assume you can see a clear path to generating gerbers from this design?
I assume you feel this design is not going to bog down the drawing speed
too much within PCBNEW?