Re: broken eeschema

Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
>> Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
>>
>> I just committed the change to move the user defined path before the
>> default search paths. Hopefully this fixes the problem.
>

> Nope, it did not. The problem still exists as of this morning.
>
> I am working on the assumption that a user should not have to modify
> anything in his configuration when transition to the new path support.
> I have not modified anything, and my schematic is fully broken now. If
> I load an eeschema from start of April, the schematic sheets all look
> OK. This design has 17 sheets.
>

> I suppose I can roll up my sleeves and find out why this is not working,
> but I thought it might be easier for you.

Dick,

I figured it out. It turns out wxStandardPaths doesn't quite work as
advertised. In Linux it sets it's internal prefix path relative to the
executable path. If you installed your development version of Kicad in
~/, wxStandardPaths::GetDataDir() returns ~/share. The way I read the
documentation is that it would return the default share path either
/usr/share or /usr/local/share. I am going to use the PATH environment
variable to look for valid Kicad library paths. That should solve any
platform dependent issues and avoid having to use hard coded paths like
the previous implementation. I hope to have the fix in by the end of
the weekend. Sorry about the problems.

Wayne