Re: Re: Preliminary Hershey patch

jean-pierre.charras@... wrote:

Dick Hollenbeck a écrit :

Werner Almesberger wrote:
> The new fonts are beautiful ! However, when using old schematics,
> the text size seems to have changed by about a factor of two:
>
> Before:
> http://people. openmoko. org/werner/ gta02-core/ gta02-core- expanded- all-pre-hershey. ps.gz <http://people.openmoko.org/werner/gta02-core/gta02-core-expanded-all-pre-hershey.ps.gz>
>
> After:
> http://people. openmoko. org/werner/ gta02-core/ gta02-core- expanded- all.ps.gz <http://people.openmoko.org/werner/gta02-core/gta02-core-expanded-all.ps.gz>

This font size change is an important issue in my opinion and I'd like
to avoid it, now.

Some questions:

1) Does the hershey patch do a modification to the kicad data files? If
yes, then I suggest that we have a small window in time to fix this font
size change. Once folk's data files cross the bridge into hershey land
it will be more difficult to institute a fix for this problem. It is
easiest to fix this now, so the act of crossing the bridge incorporates
the needed adjustment in size.

No change in kicad files

2) Can we fix this soon?

3) Who agrees, and wants to do it?

Dick

I modified the global scaling factor used in Drawtxt.cpp.
I hope that change solves this issue.

thank you.