Re: Compiling for Windows under Linux

Jean-Pierre,

jean-pierre charras napsal(a):

Milan Horák a écrit :
> Hallo Jean-Pierre,
>
> in our country - Czech Republic we also use comma.
>
> What shoul I do? Can I do anything?
>
> Milan

Have you this problem when running kicad Windows binaries using Linux
and Wine ?

Tried it and yes. When I write 5.5 it's okay, when I write 5,5 it cuts all after comma. No error, just cut. Seems like it behaves according to locale.

Although I couldn't make it to speak Czech :-(

On Windows XP Pro SP3 Czech it behaves this way:

When I write 5.5, it cuts all after dot. When I write 5,5, Kicad accepts it (although next time in dialog is written 5.5 - it just translates it to number with dot). Seems like it behaves according to locale.

So for me it seems like it behaves exactly the way it has to - according to locale setup of system.

Milan

This could be a library problem.

I believe the wxWidgets team also uses sometimes a build process under
linux to test windows versions.
You could send a bug report to wxWidgets.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS

Maître de conférences
Directeur d'études 2ieme année.
Génie Electrique et Informatique Industrielle 2
Institut Universitaire de Technologie 1 de Grenoble
BP 67, 38402 St Martin d'Heres Cedex

Recherche :
GIPSA-LAB - INPG
Rue de la Houille Blanche