Re: Compiling for Windows under Linux

Hallo Dick,

Dick Hollenbeck napsal(a):

Milan,

Thanks for your diligence in summarizing the build process for making
Windows version of Kicad on Linux.

I like to help.

I think that the result will not only make your life easier, but also
now that you have documented it so well, make the process easier for others.

Do you think there is any outstanding issues with Locales, as
Jean-Pierre mentioned? Or is it done?

I don't know where exactly is a problem. I'm not a programmer (but want to be ASAP).

Lastly, is the process of building wxWidgets for Windows, on Linux
something that needs to be documented, or is that documented nicely
somewhere else?

==CITE==

8. Cross-compile wxWidgets and install it:

Inside unpacked wxWidgets directory do:

mkdir build-release
cd build-release
../configure --enable-unicode --enable-monolithic --disable-shared
--with-msw --with-opengl --prefix=/home/f3nix/devel/TC-mingw
--host=i586-mingw32msvc --build=x86_64-linux
make
make install

NOTE:
If you are on x86 linux then use --build=i686-linux

==CITE==

> Were you able to build wxWidgets for Windows on Linux?
>
> Yes, wxWidgets I'm talking about are compiled on Linux for Windows }By
> Mateusz's guide).

It might be worth somebody's time someday to try and get these two
cross-compiled packages to work more closely together so that the
symlinks are not required.

Will look on it at monday.

Dick