Re: PCBNEW DRC with rotated rectangular pads (partial fix in r1952)

Am Montag, 7. September 2009 12:23:38 schrieb jean-pierre charras - INPG:
> I do not believe Pcbnew must create a DRC error for each pad having a
> non 0 or 90 deg orientation.
> This will understand as a BUG for users who have such pads in their board.

True it is a poor fix, best fix would be to implement clearance check for non-
oriented pads. The question is what we do until this is implemented:

Option 1 (current state): Ignore these and do not generate DRC marker. This
would mean that there are undetected DRC violations.

Option 2 (my suggestion): Generate errors in those cases, where we can not say
whetern DRC rules are met. This will generate false positives...

Option 3: Enhance Option 2 by simple bounding box check to reduce false
positives.

- Jonas