Re: PCBNEW DRC with rotated rectangular pads (partial

Jonas Diemer a écrit :

Am Montag, 7. September 2009 12:23:38 schrieb jean-pierre charras - INPG:
> I do not believe Pcbnew must create a DRC error for each pad having a
> non 0 or 90 deg orientation.
> This will understand as a BUG for users who have such pads in their board.

True it is a poor fix, best fix would be to implement clearance check for non-
oriented pads. The question is what we do until this is implemented:

Option 1 (current state): Ignore these and do not generate DRC marker. This
would mean that there are undetected DRC violations.

Option 2 (my suggestion): Generate errors in those cases, where we can not say
whetern DRC rules are met. This will generate false positives...

Option 3: Enhance Option 2 by simple bounding box check to reduce false
positives.

- Jonas

One can also display a warning when such pads are encoutered.

But the better way is to extract (and simplify) from zone to zone outline DRC control the code that test the distance between 2 polygon
that is exactly what is needed here.
see zones_test_and_combine_areas.cpp and BOARD::Test_Drc_Areas_Outlines_To_Areas_Outlines

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS
Maître de conférences

Recherche :
Grenoble Image Parole Signal Automatique (GIPSA - INPG)
Grenoble France