Re: Launchpad: Mea maxima culpa

Manveru wrote:
Hello,

Yesterday I tried to create KiCad project on Lanuchpad.net sandbox, bo
I missed the fact I was redirected to production site on project
creation and team creation. I would like to experiment on real data,
but without consequences and I failed.

Because the KiCad project is created and the KiCad Developers group is
created I would like to know whether other want to make use any of
them, or not.

If you want I submit a ticket for removing of these two (as they are
fake now). Or I can add Jean Pierre or Dick as owner (you need to have
launchpad account). Additionally it is possible to use these created
project and group to play on sandbox (https://staging.launchpad.net/),
but it needs real account created.

Please tell me, what do you prefer.

I've done that now.
I apologize for this mistake, it was not my intention to takeover anything.

Just an observation: you did not volunteer to remove yourself as "owner", only to add Jean Pierre or me.

Therefore, should we assume that you want to elevate yourself into a "shared owner" status?
(If so, then this makes your apology dis-ingenuous.)

Is a project owner different than a project leader? Of course.

A project leader leads. I don't know what a project owner is. Maybe a "project owner" is a title that Launchpad gives to the persons who can configure the website in an unimpeded fashion?

Therefore, project leadership is more important than being a project owner.

There can be more than one project leader. But I would not want to share project leadership with just anybody.

This last bit is political, not technical.

Dick