Re: Re: Bug 2870835 Patch - Inconsistent Label

>> > No I hadn't at all! Thanks for your help Dick, I will go and investigate that.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Brian.
>> >

>> While you're looking at this, I noticed that on at least one of the label kinds (forget which one), the left/right was inconsistent from the up/down.  A fix for that would be nice.
>>
>> Also, while you're coding in this area, I personally don't like 3 different buttons for 3 different kinds of labels.  Why can't I just say I wantto place a label, and then the dialog box lets me choose what kind?  I mean, if I need to change an on-sheet label to a hierarchical one, I ought to be able to double-click, hit one radio button to change the type, anotherradio button to flip it over to the other side of the wire, and be done, right?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Pat
>>

> Actually, in thinking about this one more time, it seems like the best definition for "up/down/right/left" would be "the direction the wire should go when it exits the connection point."  (Or the opposite, whichever is easiest to document and describe.)  In that case, it should be a single radio button to convert an on-sheet label to an off-sheet label.  For on-sheet, the labeling should basically go above the wire, and for off-sheet, thelabeling should go away from the wire.
>
> Regards,
> Pat

I think we need to come to a couple of conclusions for this patch, namely:

(1) Is the label direction a bug or not (personally I think the
position of text relative to the connection point should be
consistent).
(2) Does the patch solve this in a satisfactory way if it is regarded as a bug?

Any comments/suggestions?

Best Regards,

Brian.