kicad-developers team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
wxGCDC (was Re: Re: R2217 bugs)
"Torsten Hüter" <torstenhtr@...>
Fri, 15 Jan 2010 13:40:29 +0100
>This would also
>make the upgrade path to wxGCDC a lot easier. There is also some
>drawing recursion that I am in the process of looking into as well. I
>have a development branch of Kicad with the Kicad coordinate code
>removed but it is very rough.
This sounds very interesting. Another library that i've tried for small Python programs was SFML:
It's optimized for fast drawing, supports scaling, alpha blending, works with MinGW etc.
Perhaps somebody likes it.
Quote from "Features":
Can be integrated into components of existing Qt / MFC / wxWidgets / Win32 / X11 / ... interfaces
* Interfaces very easily with OpenGL (see OpenGL samples)
* Modern effects available and hardware-accelerated : alpha-blending, rotations, shaders, ...
* Manages memory efficiently, so that you don't have to worry about resources lifetime or storage ; you can even load your graphical resources before any window is created
* Can load and save standard image formats : bmp, dds, jpg, png, tga, psd
* Can load all graphics resources directly from files in memory
* Can use views like in a 3D scene, to zoom / translate / rotate the whole world
* Uses a simplified shader language for adding real-time post-effects
* Easy manipulation of graphical text through bitmap fonts
* Supports unicode characters
* Can load standard font file formats : ttf, cff, pcf, fnt, bdf, pfr, sfnt, type 1, type 42
GRATIS für alle GMX-Mitglieder: Die maxdome Movie-FLAT!
Jetzt freischalten unter http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/maxdome01