Re: Library configuration

On 17/03/10 21:00, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:

On 3/17/2010 8:44 AM, Terry Barnaby wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use kicad 2010.03.14-2.rev2462 built as an RPM for
Fedora 12.
> Its basically working but there seems to be an issue with library
> perferences. If I use "preferences/library" on eeschema to set up my
libraries
> and save them into the *.pro file all works fine until I re-run
eeschema, then
> my library preferences are lost. The preferences appear to be
correctly saved
> in the *.pro file but don't appear to be read when eeschema is started.
> The Fedora standard packaged version of kicad has the same problem.
>
> Any ideas, is this a known bug ?

Terry,

I just checked this and it seems to work fine for me. I added and
removed libraries and changed the order of the libraries in the library
list. The changes were saved in the project file and load correctly.
Is it possible that you don't have write privileges to your project
file? ( which would be the case in Linux if you were trying to modify
one of the sample projects in /usr/share/kicad/demos ) I don't know if
EESchema will fail silently if it doesn't have write privileges to the
project file. If you have any additional information, please let the
developer's group know so this behavior can be reproduced and fixed.

Thanks,

Wayne

Thanks for the reply.
The *.pro file is read/write by me and appears to have the saved library
configuration. It just seems to be ignored when I restart kicad ...
There are no messages printed out to a terminal.
I can't see any verbose logging flags on eeschema or kicad to try ...

I guess I can start looking at the code, any recommendation on where to look ?

Cheers

Terry