Re: Library configuration

On 3/18/2010 8:27 AM, Terry Barnaby wrote:
> Ok, I think I have found the basic problem. I think it is a bug
> in kicad, but I haven't tracked down the exact bit of code
> that is causing the issue. (eeschema_config.cpp, projet_config.cpp ?)
>
> I am an old Unix/Linux command line user and most of the time run
> applications while in the working directory where the circuit design
> is stored. If you do this and use relative paths for the *.pro file
> then kicad does not actually read the file and eeschema uses its
> template kicad.pro file with no errors or warnings.
>
> So if you run something like "kicad CarHorn.pro" in the directory
> where your design is kicad will not read the config file.
> I suspect the lower level wxFileConfig class needs an absolute
> path but kicad is just passing "CarHorn.pro".

I managed to duplicate this bug. You are correct. The relative path is
the problem. The bug is in the LoadOneEEProject() function in
files-io.cpp. I fixed it in my development branch and will commit it to
SVN trunk sometime today or tomorrow after I make sure it didn't break
anything else. However, a patch will need to be applied against the
current stable release. I'll contact JP and see how he wants me to
handle this. Thanks for reporting this bug and the leg work you did to
figure out what the problem was. It made finding the problem a lot easier.

Wayne