kicad-developers team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: Bug Database is not yet open for business
Dick Hollenbeck a écrit :
I am also in the opinion that the cost to import a list of bugs that
are in many cases outdated is too high.
many recent reported bugs were fixed, and many bugs in this list are
Karl Schmidt wrote:
Any updates on the Bug database? An ETA?
https://answers.launchpad.net/malone/+question/106874 Says it all.
The database *is now usable*, because we have learned that if and
when the import of the old bugs is done, the import will *add* old
bugs to the new bugs, not overwrite.
I am currently of the (weak) opinion that the cost to benefit ratio
of importing the old bugs is now in favor of not importing the old
bugs. I have invested a good bit of time in IRC pleading with folks
to get it done, fine tuning import export prep utilities, only to
continually be met with excuse after excuse. So I have given up.
If somebody else wants to baby sit it, they are welcome. Otherwise
if it happens it happens, I don't have any more energy for it.
The old bugs are in <src>/Documentation/kicad_export.xml.bz2 and on
my website in a different form waiting for Deryk to do what he has
said he would do.
And thanks for the lot of time you spent to manage the Launchpad
Thank you for the recognition, and for all the work that you do.
Back to the subject now. Even if the cost were zero, is it even
advantageous to have all the old bugs? In other words, should we simply
cancel the action request manifested in the launchpad "question"?
I am beginning to think that searching through old bugs is particularly
helpful, and if we need to, we have them in a separate form for referral
Jean Pierre, this really should be your decision, since currently you
are the one working these bugs most actively. If the decision is to
NOT import the old bugs, that can be handled by simply closing the
question and stating why. I am happy to close the question if you want
to omit the old bugs. It might be cumbersome digging an attachment out
of the old bug export, and I believe that the import WILL include these
attachments. So this needs to be considered.
I am very minor preference for not doing the import, (even if it were
easy) but will defer to the decisions of those with a stronger opinion
on this subject.