Re: BZR for Developers

On 07/12/2010 03:34 PM, Wayne Stambaugh wrote:
> On 7/12/2010 3:33 PM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:

>>> I think it would be very useful.  I particularly liked the section on creating
>>> a two way mirror.
>>>

>> That might not be as magic as it seems. Could be a consequence of the
>> way they checked out the branch.  I'd dig deeper into that.
>>
> I believe you're correct about this.  Using bzr checkout would have likely
> preserved the link back to the main launchpad branch.

http://doc.bazaar.canonical.com/latest/en/user-reference/configuration-help.html

Learning more, I see from above that:

*public_branch* is used only by "bzr send", so this would get set the
first time you use bzr send if you don't echo it into the
.bzr/branch/branch.conf file as shown.

*bound_location* is the link back to the branch that a checkout was
taken from.

Doing the echo only saves you a one time prompt on your first usage of
"bzr send".

Dick