Re: Testing boost::polygon in pcbnew.

Dick Hollenbeck a écrit :
On 07/28/2010 07:04 AM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
On 07/27/2010 02:31 PM, jean-pierre charras wrote:
To compile with boost::polygon, run cmake with option -DUSE_BOOST_POLYGON_LIBRARY=ON
(see changelog).
Jean-Pierre:

I found the boost library to require only 40% of the time of kbool to
refill several zones on a fairly complicated board.  Even on a *very*
fast computer this board takes 11 seconds to refill all zones using
kbool.  Using boost::polygon it takes only 4 seconds.

However, it looks like screen drawing of a zone, by using the middle
mouse button to zoom in and out is faster when using kbool, indeed
considerably faster.

Dick

Dick,
I committed the last boost::polygon version, from:
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/boost/polygon
boost::polygon might be in the 1.44 boost version (coming soon, I believe)

This version seems fix some issues (at least one, critical for me)
Could you test it and see if artifacts are gone (I did not see such issues with my boards).

About screen drawing, I do not see why it is slow with boost.
Just i noticed boost creates slightly more corners than kbool.
(Perhaps links from the external polygon outline and its holes are slightly different)
The difference is very small (1 to 2 per cent) and cannot explain this issue.
But this difference could be sufficient to make you graphic card run out of its memory cache.
When happens (on my previous computer, it happened with the video board demo) the screen drawing
(for the given polygon that have too much corners) is considerably slower.

Can you test it on an other board.

Thanks.

Also, your new intermediate netlist format is very promising.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS