Re: File naming policy.

>> Due to all changes, a new branch is reasonable.
>> I assume the "new branch" is (in your mind) actually a new branch pushed to
>> Launchpad,
>> not a subtree of the current testing branch
>> But (this is just an idea, I am not saying this is a good idea):
>> Keep the testing branch, and just create a new tree like testing/eeschema2 in
>> the current testing branch and keep the current version in testing/eeschema.

OK, as soon as it evolves to something more than a dream or document, I
think the best path will make itself clear.  Whatever minimizes pain, if
it hurts, don't do it.

I think the graphics modularization in eeschema is evolving nicely due
to all the work done by everyone, plotting too.  My thanks to Wayne,
Lorenzo (plotting) and Jean-Pierre.

And Jean-Pierre the Gerber work is pretty substantial and ambitious.
Nice job.

Regarding the two dimensional transform matrix, I wonder if we should:

A) typedef the transform to hide the [2][2] with a typedef, and then
B) pass it by const & reference using that typedef.

What I see now looks like it causes the machine to push 4 integers each
time a call is made.  Passing a reference (i.e. a machine pointer) cuts
out 3 pushes.

Small potatoes, but if it simply search and replace.

Most calls are nested twice, so this reduces the pushes from 8 to 2.

The graphics functions are now effectively doubly encapsulated, once
with the objects we have that use Draw() and then the graphics
abstraction layer.  For simply drawing I see it getting easy now to swap
out stuff underneath this nice layering.  That was "for simply drawing",
a little harder is the interactive dragging operations, box rubber
banding etc.

Any way Kicad has evolved nicely *under the hood* in the last 4 years.

Dick